The Executive Council Members
The Executive Council Membership
The Executive Council consists of His Highness the Chairman of the Council, Crown Prince of Dubai, two Deputy Chairman, and the CEOs and Directors Generals of some government authorities and agencies who are appointed by the Ruler.
Members of the Council who are not CEOs and Director Generals of government authorities and agencies may also be appointed. The Chairman of the Executive Council, his two Deputy Chairmen and the CEOs and Director Generals of government authorities and agencies are responsible before the Ruler for the performance of their duties and in the use of their powers.
The Executive Council submits to the Ruler at the end of each fiscal year a detailed report on the work that has been done during the year in different areas, in addition to the Council's work plan for the following year, to fulfil the objectives of the emirate and achieve prosperity and progress in all fields.
Members of the Executive Council are tasked to ensure the implementation of these directives through their responsibilities as CEOs and Director Generals in various government entities in the emirate. The main responsibilities of the CEOs or Director Generals within the scope of his department are as follows:
• Proposing the department’s general policy and supervising its implementation after being approved by the Executive Council.
• Overseeing the department’s workflow, in accordance with the laws, regulations and decisions of the Executive Council.
• Implementing the budget within the limits of the appropriations approved by the department in accordance with the laws, regulations and decisions.
• Proposing laws and regulations related to the department and submitting them to the Executive Council.
• Any other powers conferred to them by laws, decrees and regulations.
Chairman and Members of the Executive Council:
• His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council
• His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, First Deputy Chairman of the Executive Council
• His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Second Deputy Chairman of the Executive Council
• HH Sheikh Hasher bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, Director General of Dubai Media Department
• His Excellency Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Deputy Chief of Police and Public Security
• His Excellency Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, Director General of HH the Ruler's Court
• His Excellency Humaid Mohammed Obaid Al Qatami Chairman of the Board of Dubai Health Authority
• His Excellency Major General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, Commander-in-chief of Dubai Police.
• His Excellency Issam Issa Al Humaidan, Attorney General of Public Prosecution
•Excellency Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Chairman of Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation
• His Excellency Hussain Nasser Lootah, Director General of Dubai Municipality
• His Excellency Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Chairman and Executive Director of the Roads and Transport Authority
• His Excellency Sami Ahmad Dhaen Al Qamzi, Director General of the Department of Economic Development
• His Excellency Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, Managing Director and CEO of Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
• His Excellency Helal Saeed Almarri, Director General of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing
• His Excellency Dr. Hamad Bin Al Sheikh Ahmed Al Shaibani, Director General of the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities
• His Excellency Sultan Butti Bin Mejren, Director General of Dubai Land Department
• His Excellency Abdulrahman Saleh Al Saleh, Director General of the Department of Finance
• His Excellency Dr. Lowai Mohamed Belhoul, Director General of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
• His Excellency Major General Mohammed Ahmed Al Marri, Chairman of the Commission for Social Development
• His Excellency Tarish Eid Al Mansouri, Director General of Dubai Courts
• His Excellency Abdulla Abdul Rahman Al Shaibani, Secretary General